2017-10-06 / Front Page

Fire breaks out in Biddeford machine shop

STAFF REPORTS

BIDDEFORD — A fire broke out at a machine manufacturing building Thursday morning on Hill Street.

Biddeford Fire Chief Scott Gagne said firefighters responded to a call of a fire at the Precision Manufacturing Solution building on 419 Hill Street at 10:31 a.m.

Employees described that magnesium was burning at the facility. Gagne said damage to the building was minimal and those working at the time were able to extinguish the flame before firefighters had arrived.

When firefighters arrived they assisted in monitoring the area. Power was cut to the machine that had magnesium in it and firefighters were able to clear out of the area by 11:23 a.m.

Saco, Old Orchard and Goodwins Mill Fire Departments initially responded to the fire as well but were turned around when informed that the blaze was extinguished.

No one was injured during the event, Gagne said. 

Return to top